Bridging the Skill Deficit Gap in the Indian Cyber Landscape
Emerging threats have overtaken our efforts and pace to build capability and capacity. In India, the National Cyber Security Policy 2013 recognizes the need to address the burgeoning skill gaps and has called for creating a work force of half-a-million cyber security professionals. There exists a strong case for making India a global cyber security skills & innovation hub.
The Panel focused on the following:
• How serious is the skill deficit? What is being done about it?
• How to address eco-system gaps and move from Industry-Academia Collaboration to a Holistic Eco-system.
• Leveraging the Demographic Dividend, IT Prowess and Indian Diaspora.
• Creation of Cyber Security Universities & Security Industry Clusters.
• Sector-specific opportunities / Key challenges businesses would like start-ups to solve