We offer a variety of event-based solutions to address miscellaneous problems faced by our client. At MitKat, our team of internal investigators is equipped to address situations, and conduct a thorough investigations using internal resources and collaborating with external professionals, as required. We can deploy the latest investigative tools including link analysis, voice-based analytics and big data analytics:
- We conduct investigations legally, discreetly and confidentially
- We help our clients make confident, well informed decisions at every stage of the transaction
- We use cultural expertise and on-ground networks to give our clients much needed contextual support
Counterfeit products that saturate the markets today are harming your brand image, damaging your reputation and adversely affecting the value of your organizations.
We at MitKat, help our clients in protecting the brand image of their products and organization through our IPR investigation services. MitKat has gained a position of repute in the industry for rendering highly professional and customized IPR Investigation services to clients across sectors. The company has a pool of highly qualified and experienced on-roll consultants, as well as an excellent source network across the country.
Some fields of our expertise:
- Product Training
- Market Survey
- Supply Chain Tracing
- Law Enforcement Action (Raid)
- Post Action (Raid) Support
Product Training: For every new client/product, our IPR investigation team goes through a product identification training, which includes:
- Specifications of the original product
- Maximum retail price of original product
- Visual differences between spurious and original products
Market Survey: Our IPR investigation teams carry out market surveys in specified areas in order to identify the retailers/wholesalers involved in the sale of spurious products. The team procures samples (counterfeit product) from suspicious entities (target) and collects the following details about the target:
- Type of target (retailer/wholesaler)
- Address of the target entity
- Details of spurious product (brand, size etc.) being sold by the target
- Tentative stock of spurious product available with the target entity
- Value of the spurious products
Supply chain trace: After verification/testing (of the samples collected from target entities) by the client company, our IPR investigation team carries out a supply chain trace by:
- Observing the target’s activities
- Back-tracing the source of supply (the wholesaler/stockist) to the target entity
- Revealing the main source (manufacturing unit) of the spurious product through surveillance on the wholesaler/stockists.
Law Enforcement Action (Raid) - We also assist our clients in carrying out law enforcement action against the people/entities involved in malicious activities. The activity involves:
- Liaison with the local police station in the jurisdiction where the target entity is located
- Raid on the target shop
- Filing FIR (cognizable police report) on behalf of the client
Post Action (raid) Support – Post enforcement action, MitKat’s resources follow up with the case and provide support by attending the court hearings. The court case against the counterfeiters is completely dependent on the ability of public prosecutor, and availability of the evidences/essential documents (sometimes required from the client).
The globally business environment is changing swiftly. This is leading to major changes in the governance structures that are being put in place by organizations. This often results in on-ground implementation issues and probable misuse at various levels.
We can help you understand, address and solve some of these critical issues:
- Risk Management Framework
- Corporate Fraud Investigation
- Supply chain / Vendor Frauds
- Independent Enquires
Our team of experts will offer you the insights necessary to evaluate options, while mitigating risk and identifying the potential for informed decision making. We conduct operation and commercial due diligence.
- Our operational due diligence services focus on the functional and process to be assessed. This may include an assessment of the management team, relationships with key stakeholders, reputation among others. Our team assists with current level assessment and identity opportunities for improvements and cost savings.
- Our commercial due diligence process involves analysis and consideration of the market. This due diligence process will identify the future growth opportunities and information within and beyond public domain to help decision-making.